Probation is basically an alternative sentence to jail. Instead of serving out your sentence in prison, you are free to return to your daily life as long as you abide by the terms of probation set forth by the judge. If you violate the terms of your probation in any way, you will be charged for a probation violation.
In the eyes of a judge, probation is considered a more favorable option, since you do not have to spend any time in jail. When a person violates their probation, the judge will not hesitate to impose stricter probationary guidelines and additional legal penalties, including jail. Therefore, if you are facing legal ramifications for violating your probation, it’s in your best interest to speak an experienced Orlando criminal attorney as soon as possible. A criminal attorney who has experience in this area of criminal law will know how to properly defend you in court, as well as how to help you avoid further legal penalties.
Types of Probation Violations
At Rivas Law Firm, P.A. we have experience defending clients against all types of probation violations, including:
- Failing to comply with a court order
- Failing to appear in court when scheduled
- Failing to meet with a probation officer when scheduled
- Failing to pay a court fee or fine
- Failing to submit to court-ordered drug or alcohol testing
- Failing a drug or alcohol test
- Committing another crime while on probation
- Failing to finish or perform all hours of court-ordered community service
- Failing to finish court-ordered counseling, rehabilitation, classes, or workshops
- Violating a restraining order
Contact an Orlando Probation Violations Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with a probation violation in Orlando, we can help. At Rivas Law Firm, P.A., we have more than 20 years of legal experience, and have handled countless probation violation cases throughout our careers. You can depend on us to work hard on your behalf, and provide you with the personal attention and dedicated representation you need to resolve your case successfully.
To discuss your charges at a free consultation, please contact an Orlando probation violations defense lawyer at Rivas Law Firm, P.A. today!