EB-3 Immigration Visa

What is the EB-3 Visa Category?

An EB-3 is a Third Preference visa available to certain professionals and workers who have been offered a permanent, full-time job in the United States. It’s a way for a U.S. company to sponsor a foreign worker for a Green Card. The company that wants to hire you is the petitioner for your visa. They have to file the required forms with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). And then there are documents that you must provide.

Getting a Green Card through an employment-based visa can be a long and difficult process. The best way to deal with the various agencies, regulations, and requirements is to hire an experienced Immigration Attorney who can make the process a lot less stressful. If you are trying to get a Green Card through employment, talk to the Orlando Immigration Lawyers at The Rivas Law Firm. Call 407-644-2466 to get started.

The EB Visa for Workers Green Card

If you are a non-citizen worker who has been offered a job in the United States or a U.S. employer who has recruited a foreign worker there is a considerable amount of paperwork to be done in order to get a visa. A worker who is in the United States and entered legally may apply for a Green Card to get lawful permanent resident status without leaving the country through Adjustment of Status.

The CIS designates category EB-3 visas for:

“Professionals” are persons whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate or foreign equivalent degree and are a member of the professions.

“Skilled workers” are persons whose jobs require a minimum of two years training or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature. The skilled worker must meet the educational, training, or experience requirements of the job opportunity. Relevant post-secondary education may be considered as training.

The “other workers” subcategory is for persons performing unskilled labor requiring less than two years training, education, or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature.

A U.S. employer wishing to hire a non-citizen worker must file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. This is the employer’s certification that the prospective worker has the skill and experience to do the job for which he or she is being hired. Employers also have to show that they’ll be able to pay the salary of the prospective worker. For this, they have to provide documentation such as a tax return or annual report. In addition, the employer has to file a Labor Certification showing that they were unable to find a qualified U.S. citizen for the position. This is meant to “protect U.S. workers and the U.S. labor market by ensuring that foreign workers seeking immigrant visa classifications are not displacing equally qualified U.S. workers.”

Employer-Sponsored Green Card

All immigrants seeking visas must provide information and documentation to the USCIS. You’ll need to complete a visa application and undergo an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. Persons with a criminal record are ineligible but may be granted waivers in some instances. There are a lot of steps to take, and it’s easy to make mistakes. You’ll have a much better experience with a qualified citizenship attorney. The Orlando Immigration Lawyers at the Rivas Law Firm can help you get your Green Card by handling all the details, so you don’t have to worry. Call 407-644-2466 to discuss the best way forward.