Are you facing domestic violence charges and feeling overwhelmed? The experienced and aggressive Orlando domestic violence defense lawyers at the Rivas Law Firm are here to stand by your side and provide the robust defense you deserve. Time is of the essence in domestic violence cases, so take immediate action and get a confidential, free legal consultation by calling us at 407-644-2466. Do not leave your future to chance – begin an aggressive defense today.
It is important to note that domestic violence charges in Florida can be either misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances. Misdemeanor charges typically apply to first-time offenses or incidents that did not result in severe harm to the victim. Felony charges are usually filed against repeat offenders, those who cause serious harm, or those who violate domestic violence injunctions.
Consequences of Domestic Violence Convictions in Florida
Being convicted of domestic violence in Florida can have severe and long-lasting consequences. Apart from potential jail time and fines, convicted individuals face additional penalties, including:
- Mandatory completion of a 26-week batterer’s intervention program
- 12 months of probation
- Minimum of 5 days in jail
- More community service hours
- Loss of important civil liberties, such as the right to possess a firearm
- Restraining orders or no-contact orders
Furthermore, these convictions in Florida can never be sealed or expunged, which means they remain on an individual’s permanent record. This can impact employment opportunities, promotions, and future divorce or child custody cases.
Consulting a Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer
Given the serious consequences of domestic assault convictions, it is crucial to enlist the help of an experienced and aggressive domestic violence defense lawyer.
The role of domestic violence defense attorneys includes:
- Protection of rights: defense lawyers work vigorously to protect the rights of their clients, ensuring fair treatment and due process.
- Building a strong defense strategy: Attorneys thoroughly investigate the case, gather evidence, and develop a strong defense strategy tailored to the specific circumstances.
- Negotiating plea bargains: In some cases, domestic violence defense attorneys can negotiate plea bargains to minimize the potential consequences for their clients.
- Representing clients in court: Attorneys advocate for their clients in court, presenting compelling arguments and evidence to defend against domestic violence charges.
Hiring the Right Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer
When facing domestic assault charges in Florida, it is crucial to hire a domestic violence defense lawyer with extensive experience in handling domestic violence cases. The right attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of the case and the protection of your rights, freedom, reputation, and future.
When selecting a domestic violence defense attorney, consider the following factors:
- Experience: Look for an attorney with a track record of successfully defending clients against domestic violence charges.
- Knowledge of Florida laws: Ensure that the attorney is well-versed in Florida’s domestic violence laws and has a deep understanding of the legal process.
- Communication: Choose an attorney who communicates clearly and keeps you informed about the progress of your case.
- Empathy and understanding: Domestic violence cases can be emotionally challenging. Find an attorney who demonstrates empathy and understands the sensitive nature of these cases.
- Reputation: Research the attorney’s reputation and read reviews or testimonials from previous clients to gauge their level of professionalism and success.
The Rivas Law Firm: Your Trusted Domestic Violence Defense Attorneys in Florida
At the Rivas Law Firm, we understand the complexities of domestic violence cases and the potential impact they can have on your life. Our dedicated defense lawyers will work tirelessly to protect your rights, freedom, and future. We offer a free, confidential consultation, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 407-644-2466.